Thursday, March 27, 2014

Annoying Adobe Acrobat/Reader "Reading Untagged Document" Dialog


For about a week now, every time I opened a PDF document an annoying popup related to Adobe Reader X would appear.




Thankfully, an Adobe person provided a few workarounds to what seems to be a known issue since Adobe Acrobat/Reader 8. For my situation, I must have installed something that caused Adobe Acrobat/Reader X to think I had some type of assistive technology installed on my PC. The actual workaround I implemented was listed in the comments section of the blog post and it works well-so far.

Here are the steps:
  • In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to 
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\plug_ins
  • Rename Accessibility.api to Accessibility.api.bk
  • Rename ReadOutLoud.api to ReadOutLoud.api.bk



2 comments:

Sherri said...

THANK YOU! Simple to follow instructions. it took me 2 minutes to fix. Thank you!

Liko said...

Glad this is still of some use. Thank you for your kind note. Yay!